This policy gives you information on how cookies and other tracking technologies work and when, how and why Uversity and third parties that we work with use them. This policy also explains how you can accept, manage and disable cookies.
Most cookies work by collecting and storing some form of personal data. For more information on how Uversity collects and uses your personal data please see our Privacy Statement by clicking here Privacy Statement.
What is a website ‘Cookie’?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. Cookies may come from us (first party cookies) or from third parties whose services we use or that we partner with and who we permit to set their cookies on our website (third party cookies).
Session Cookies: (also called transient cookies) are erased when you close your web browser. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory and are not retained after the browser is closed.
Stored Cookies: (also called persistent or permanent cookies) are longer-term cookies. These cookies are stored by the browser within a file on the user's device even after the browser is closed.
- make our website work correctly, securely and more efficiently;
- store your settings and preferences and remember your access information;
- deliver personalised advertising, marketing and content;
- track website performance so that we can improve your user experience and make our website more relevant to you
- for the operation of our application system which is provided by DreamApply (see further details below)
- enable the use certain third party tools on our website, such as - social networks, analytics tools, and video services
You can find more detailed information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential and help support the security of our website and basic functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies and as such they cannot be disabled.
- Statistics / Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to understand how you and other visitors interact with our website, for example, how often you visit the site, any links that you click on etc. This information helps us to improve our website so that you can have a better user experience. These are non-essential cookies and when you visit our website we will ask you whether you wish to enable these cookies.
- Marketing Cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links that you have followed. This information helps us to make our website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. These are non-essential cookies and when you visit our website we will ask you whether you wish to enable these cookies.
Third-party links / websites
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We also work with website publishers, application developers, advertising firms and service providers to deliver advertisements and content promoting Uversity to you on other websites and services. Cookies may be used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests on these other websites, applications and services.
Details of the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them are set out in the table below.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||11 months 29 days 23 hours 59 minutes||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category ''Advertisement''.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months 29 days 23 hours 59 minutes||This cookies is set by GDPR Cookie Consent WordPress Plugin. The cookie is used to remember the user consent for the cookies under the category ''Analytics''.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months 29 days 23 hours 59 minutes||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category ''Necessary''.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||11 months 29 days 23 hours 59 minutes||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category ''Non-necessary''.|
|test_cookie||14 minutes||This cookie is used to check whether your browser supports cookies.|
|_ga||1 years 11 months 28 days 23 hours 59 minutes||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site''s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gid||23 hours 59 minutes||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.|
|vuid||1 years 11 months 28 days 23 hours 59 minutes||This domain of this cookie is owned by Vimeo. This cookie is used by vimeo to collect tracking information. It sets a unique ID to embed videos to the website.|
Uversity’s application system apply.uversity.org is operated and managed by a third
party service provider, through its website applications and CRM platform – MindaClient.
The data collected and hosted in the MindaClient CRM platform belongs to Uversity as data controller and is subject to Uversity’s Privacy Statement which you can view here.
MindaClient also hosts Scholar data for Uversity.
MindaClient operates the application platform and is the data processor of the data collected and hosted. MindaClient uses only necessary cookies on the platform to ensure that it functions properly.
Managing and Disabling Cookies
Some cookies (i.e .Necessary Cookies) are essential to ensure that our website functions properly and securely. These cookies cannot be turned off.
Other, non-essential cookies are useful to us in order to help us to improve our website and your user experience. We require your consent before we can place these cookies on your device. Our default setting is that all non-essential cookies are turned off unless you choose to allow them.
Upon your first visit to the website, our cookies management tool will be activated. You will be asked to set your cookies preference for this website. A cookie will record your choices and will ask for consent again when the cookie consent expires, which is 12 months from the date you last provided it to us.
If you disable any of the non-essential cookies, then some of the features of our website may not work properly. Your use of the core functions and features of the website will not be affected.
If you want to accept, manage or disable the cookies on our website, you can do this at any time. Your selected preference will be stored for 12 months before you will be asked again to confirm your cookie preferences. If you do not change your preferences, your current preferences will continue to apply.
You can withdraw or change your cookie consent at any time by clicking on:
|PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU DISABLE ANALYTICAL COOKIES, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE VIDEO RECORDINGS ON OUR WEBSITE.|
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us using the following information:
- Web: http://uversity.org/
- Email: email@example.com
- Data Controller: Uversity
- Postal address: Uversity, IFSC House, Custom House Quay, Dublin, D01R2P9, Ireland.
Changes to this Notice
Policy last updated: January 2022