What is a website ‘Cookie’?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. We use them for the following reasons:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again.
- Help us understand how people are using our website, so we can make it better.
- To use third party tools such as Social Networks.
What type of Cookies we use and why?
- Session Cookies: (also called transient cookies) are erased when you close your web browser. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory and are not retained after the browser is closed.
- Stored Cookies: (also called persistent or permanent cookies) are longer-term cookies. These cookies are stored by the browser within a file on the user's device even after the browser is closed.
- Necessary Cookies: (which can be either session or stored cookies) help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- First Party Cookies: these can be necessary/unnecessary and either session or stored cookies. These cookies are issued by Uversity. We use these cookies for the following reasons:
- User authentication, to determine if you are logged into our website Content Management System (CMS).
- Cookie preference.
- Third-Party Cookies: these can be either session or stored cookies. Firstly, it is important to note that a third-party cookie originates from a different domain. We use these cookies for the following reasons:
- Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- We may occasionally run ad-campaigns via Google Ads.
- By default we discourage the use of Third Party ‘Marketing Cookies’ to the very best of our ability.
What do I need to know about Security and Cookies?
- The Cookies we place on your device do not collect personal data.
- They are used for performance, interaction and statistical purposes.
- Cookies do not compromise the security of your computer.
- While we try to limit our use of third party cookies - they are in some cases necessary to our offering.
- It is important to note that a third-party cookie originates from a different domain (i.e. the service being used for example Vimeo or Facebook and we would always advise you make yourself familiar with their cookie policies and practices.
- Cookie usage is governed by the ePrivacy Directive (Cookie law) and GDPR you can find out more here.
How do I disable Cookies if I wish?
- Unfortunately in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site.
- It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
- For more information about how to manage cookies, including opting-out of different types of cookies please visit: www.aboutcookies.org.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us using the following information:
- Web: http://uversity.org/
- Email: apply@uversity
- Data Controller: Uversity
- Postal: IFSC House, Custom House Quay, Dublin, D01R2P9, Ireland.
Changes to this Notice
Last updated in January 2020.